I used the repository to install it, but you can use the tar.gz source package. I did the following steps:
- Install Mercurial: yum install mercurial
- Install Gcc, kernel headers… to compile the driver: yum install gcc kernel-devel
- Get a copy of the repository: hg clone http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb
- Compile the drivers and install them: cd v4l-dvb && make && make install
- Load the drivers: make load
- Run Ekiga and test the webcam… It works!
I use the repository to update the driver in the future. This method is based in the upstream wiki and it may work with other versions of Fedora or Linux distributions.